The Most Authoritative, Comprehensive Reference in the Field
Manual of Clinical Microbiology, 10th Edition
Editor in Chief: James Versalovic
The 10th edition of the Manual of Clinical Microbiology continues to set the standard for state-of-the-science laboratory practice as the most authoritative reference in the field.
- Indispensable to clinical microbiologists, laboratory technologists, and infectious disease specialists in hospitals, clinics, reference laboratories, and more
- Guides you step by step through all major diagnostic and therapeutic tests
- Accurately detect clinically significant bacteria, viruses, fungi, and parasites
- Accurately interpret the results of clinical tests
- Complete coverage of the taxonomy and classification of infectious microorganisms
- Understand the pathophysiology of infectious diseases
New! Buy the print book, the digital edition, or both!
With the digital edition, you get
- State-of-the-art search engine
- Linked references, both within the product and to external databases such as PubMed and CrossRef
- Chapter pdfs to print and save
- Easy access to the electronic image library, which includes all images appearing in the print books and 400+ additional images
- User-friendly tools: save searches, bookmark, highlight, and take notes
- Easy save and print features
This 10th edition represents the collaborative efforts of 22 editors and more than 267 authors from around the world, all experienced researchers and practitioners in medical and diagnostic microbiology. Together, they have brought the manual fully up to date, producing a remarkable work of 149 chapters that is filled with the latest research findings, infectious agents, methods, practices, and safety guidelines.